The mouth you have today is not the one you had long ago. Your teeth’s nerves have become smaller, so that they are less sensitive when cavities and other problems develop. Regular dental checkups can prevent these problems so that they can be corrected before it is too late. Some people feel that losing one’s teeth is inevitable, but properly cared for teeth can last a lifetime!
Staying healthy is the first step towards feeling your best. And the good news is that a healthy mouth makes all the difference in how you feel and how you look. At the office our office, our mission is just that: to preserve the health of your teeth and gums for a lifetime!
Take charge of your oral health:
- Get in the habit of brushing twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush or an electric toothbrush.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day.
- Remember to clean full or partial dentures daily. You should remove them for at least four hours a day, and also remove them at night.
- Drink tap water. The fluorides it contains helps prevent tooth decay.
- Quit smoking. In addition to posing a greater risk for lung and other cancers, smoking leads to problems with gum disease, tooth decay and tooth loss.
- Twice a year, go for dental exams for a complete check-up.
You can keep your teeth for a lifetime whether you have your natural teeth, implants or dentures by developing good oral habits, choosing a healthy diet and lifestyle, and seeking regular dental care. At our office we can offer the highest level of dentistry under one roof. For more information or to schedule an appointment, give us a call today.